Tuesday, November 25, 2008

When one goes to Russia...

There is much to think about. Here is my to-do list:
  1. Get Visa - get picture and overnight paperwork with passport
  2. Get Invitation to get Visa - pay for it, send with Visa paperwork
  3. Confirm with people in Irk place of stay for Visa
  4. Book driver in Moscow - with Andrei
  5. Get Hotel in Moscow
  6. Confirm apartment in Irkutsk
  7. Confirm driver in Irkutsk
  8. Confirm interpreter in Irkutsk
  9. Confirm translator in Irktusk
  10. Send final itinerary to coordinator in Irktusk and Moscow
  11. Make sure director of orphanage has itinerary - make arrangements to see Anya the day we get there
  12. Make appointment with Lawyer - get appointment with Judge's office
  13. Tell missionary friends in Irkutsk that I will be there - schedule a dinner (?)
  14. Look into rental cell phone (pick up in Moscow?)
  15. Plan out money - order new bills from bank
  16. Book house/kitty sitter
  17. Take fur coat to tailor - get hook replaced
  18. Get warm boots
  19. Get warm mittens
  20. Get gifts for Anya's group (about 12-15 kiddos)
  21. Gifts for Anya's caregivers (4-6 women)
  22. Gift for coordinator
  23. Gift for interpreter
  24. Gift for orphanage director and social worker
  25. Confirm seats with Delta
  26. Confirm baggage requirements with Delta
  27. Confirm seats with Aeroflot
  28. Confirm baggage requirements with Aeroflot
  29. Determine what travel stuff Marty is taking to India - make list of things we need 2 of
  30. Dossier - get as much done as possible
  31. Get with Kelly for help with photos
  32. Get with Renee for printing
  33. Plan out clothing for trip (1-2 pants / tops - sweaters) - try everything on and make sure that it all fits
  34. Plan out DVDs for trip
  35. Load MP3 player for trip
  36. Pay bills of things that will be due while we are gone
  37. Plan out deadlines that should be met before we go - and those that I can meet there
  38. Converters for power
  39. Food - ramen, peanut butter, mac-n-cheese, silk milk in a box, fruit roll ups, cake in a box to make and take to Anya's group (?)
  40. Gifts for Anya - new outfit for every day, Christmas gifts
  41. Camera - mine or Marty's?
  42. Video camera - get with Amy, get lesson on how in the heck to do it
  43. Get You Tube log in etc. from Marty
  44. Make sure Marty gets outstanding money into bank account
  45. Get all outstanding invoices of my clients paid
  46. Ride to the airport - get what time Marty leaves - coordinate
  47. Wrinkle Release
  48. Get some warm socks (cashmere?)
  49. Back up laptop

I'm sure I'll add to the list - thanks for letting me post my list here - much easier to remember where it is if it is online :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you need any Barbies? We have a million we're giving away

Dustin and Jessica said...

I know there is very little on this list I can help with. But, I am happy to take you to the airport, if I can:) Let me know what I can do!!!

Debbie said...

Very detailed! Should I have expected less? :)

Becky said...

Wow. And I thought taking a camping vacation required a list..... I pray it will be a good visit. Once Anya finds out, I can imagine her excitement. I am anxious to see pictures.

Amy said...

I am here to help- anything else I can do? Let me know! The Flip is really easy- you will love it for that. I can show you in just a couple minutes and you will be a pro at it. See you on Thursday!