Sunday, November 09, 2008

Praying - Part 7 new news and updates

I got word last week, that one of my other Irkutsk friends has had documents accepted by the court! YAY! I am so happy for them! In order to keep my Irk pals straight, I decided I need to come up with nick names for them.

So, henceforth - my friend who has been there forever (just got home for a 'break'), the one who has been to court more times than anyone really should go to a Russian court - let's call her Crafty Boater.

And my other friend who just got the good news, let's call her New Diva.

(see, I think these names are hilarious - and I guess you have to know them
to get the same chuckle as I am getting right now)


WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Well, (again) we start praying. The court in Irkutsk has called for the adoption center to get New Diva's child's documents prepared. I think they have a few weeks to do this and present them to the court...then the court has (I think) another few weeks to give a court date. We're expecting news around Thanksgiving.

In the meantime, Crafty Boater is waiting for her 3rd court date. She is home now with her husband and family, recouping from the exhausting 6 week stint in Siberia.

As for me, I am working on the document updates. You can pray for me on that - some of you know the serious struggles I had last time with this process - and the notion of doing it for the 8th time (yes, I've redone our dossier 8 times...the complete new 200+ document version, I've redone 4 times) is completely overwhelming. Which is odd for me, because I don't easily get overwhelmed. My goal would be to get everything done, presented to the court before I go to Irkutsk in December. I am trying to work out the details of the December trip...praying for profitable business to come so that I can afford to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I will continue to pray for you and your family! I just realized your Anya and my niece Alexis (Lexi) are both 6 years old. I loved the interview blog that was done on your adoption journey! You guys are awesome! I am amazed and inspired by your determination! Hang in there!

Debbie said...

Laughing out loud! :)