Being that this is the week of Thanksgiving, and all the Bloggers are doing it - I guess I'll jump on the 'what are you thankful' for bandwagon. I'll admit that some days I feel more grateful than others. Some days I am grateful to have a job that I love, doing something that I am passionate about...other days I really am tired, and just need a day off.
Some days I am grateful for a wonderful husband; one who is amazing in so many ways, and who loves me in a fairy-tale way...other days, I wish he would remember to get milk at the store.
Some days I am grateful for a home to live in, one that I've decorated with heart (and blood, sweat and tears!)...other days I don't understand what moron would put the switch for the light so far behind the door that you can't reach it.
Some days I am grateful for our family - that we get together on holidays....other days I don't want to do the Thanksgiving thing at all - I want to stay in my pjs and order a pizza.
Some days I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity to fight to bring Anya into our home - our family...other days I am exhausted with the process, mad at the system that keeps her hostage, and angry at myself for not being able to find the energy to keep on top of the paperwork.
What about you?
2 comments:
How true for me too - but our light switch issues are that they're either wired very strangely! :)
Along with indoor plumbing.....
My husband had a heart attack about 6 weeks ago. I am thankful that due to medical technology, he will be with us this Thanksgiving. He is thankful for a variety of food to choose from - just for a day! I too am thankful for my family - my church family and my family at work. I am thankful that 3 of my 5 children have found God's will for their lives and are living lives that are pleasing to Him. I am thankful for the lessons I learn and the chances to pray for those I have come across in 'blogland'. On this day of giving thanks, I have much to be thankful for.
Post a Comment