
Blogs are funny things. I took this blog private about 6 weeks ago. I sent out invitations to those who asked for one...didn't assume anyone would want to read my ramblings about the adoption.
I quickly found out that a lot of people who I thought would be on the 'inside track' aren't -and that is OK! not complaining at all... Not everyone thinks the adoption is a good idea, and not everyone cares, and not everyone is on our side of this...AND THAT IS OK!
But, please, be honest...
The other day I was talking with one such friend, and she out and out lied to me. She said "I just went to your blog to get an update, so what's going on with things"...obviously she hadn't gone to the blog - she isn't a reader, fan or one that got an invitation. When I menionted that this summer looked to be THE TIME, she did everything in her power to not change the expression on her face, and she tried to act like she was well aware of that piece of info.
She didn't know.
And, that's OK!
Marty and I have been through a lot of things in our lives, some seriously crazy stuff. One thing that remains a common thread is that when stuff happens in your life that changes the trajectory of things...your real true friends bubble up to the top.
Thanks for being that group of real true friends...who have bubbled up to the top. Our pals from every phase of life, and some that I've never met...thank you for coming to me with money making ideas, and for sending me emails about how you're praying for us (even tho you have things in your OWN life that deserve your uninterrupted prayer!).
I love you all...am blessed and humbled.
That's all!
12 comments:
Well I am blessed because through this crazy adoption process that you have come into MY LIFE... !
That's probably one of the biggest surprises from the past 4 1/2 years - how great of friends you can make during this all!!
I am truly blessed to have gotten to know you over the past few years. Adoption has a funny way of bringing together people from all different walks of life who would probably never have met otherwise!
God Bless!
I guess the old adage "Quality not quantity" rings true. Quality as in friends! You have been a source of huge support for us, and hopefully we can return that favor as you continue the journey!
You are more than an unknown fellow blogger. You are a sister - in Christ. How can I not care about your needs and wants and dreams? There are times I am someplace with my granddaughter who is Anya's age and think about you and how much you would love to be sharing the same experience. I know how your arms long to hold that girl and will rejoice when your feet hit American soil - together!
Few understand, but those of us who do, do not forget no matter how long the wait. Each day I look at the proof of answered prayer, my 2 boys.
Jill
((hugs))
You do really find out who your true friends are, and it's so surprising at times! You learn to not really care about what people think/say (like my next door neighbor) because there are so many more important things out there.
I agree with Debbie. The friends I have made through this process has been such a wonderful surprise!!
I wish people would just be honest with each other and not try to lie about things!!
Continuing to pray for you guys!! Hope and pray you hear something soon!
It appears to have been said by almost all of the comments that you have here. The bonds made by fellow adoptive parents is just something that can't be explained and is one the biggest surprises to me. Though it's been a while since we brought Evan home, I can't imagine not following the story...yours, Judy's, Debbie's, and others! There are so many people who think they "get it" but unless you've walked in those shoes you really don't. I think that's part of what makes the stories so personal for each of us...we all "get it"!
You know I think and pray for ALL of you all the time. We have some down time waiting for baby G to arrive, so I am getting caught up on blogging. Anything to make the time go faster, you know?
Talk to you soon,
Jess
Aww Kathy, this is such a beautiful post! Thank you for being such a great friend. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
Kathy and Marty,
We are still with you.
Steve and Kris
even though I have never adopted, as you know I have been through challenges. I truly know how you feel when "friends" only pretend to care. One can always tell...especially if she is a mom :) This WILL happen, in Gods time.....
Post a Comment