Thursday, April 30, 2009

still no news

Still nothing.

Earlier this week, I sent a note asking the following:

Just out of curiosity, why is there another new Judge?

I thought the judge had 5 days to respond to our documents. We are past the 14 day mark. With the new judge, do we have to start over – or will the new judge recognize the statements provided by the original judge? I am concerned that our case has been in front of 3 Judges now – and that we have not yet received a new legal statement. From here, what can we expect?

Do you know if the Judge has called for Anya’s documents to be prepared yet? When that happens, I really want to know – from all others account of their experiences, it seems that the court date is generally 2 months from that point…that is good information for us to have from a planning stand point.



Here is the reply I got:

Kathy, hi,

well, we all thought that it would be a man but all of a sudden, a female judge was appointed



So...as you can see, even when you ask specific pointed questions, it is hard to get answers. Yes, we can call, however there is a 13-14 hour time difference between here and there - which makes planning a call a little tricky. If we don't hear anything by the end of the week - we're going to call.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kathy. I'm praying for a quick response from the new Judge, including your court date.
Laurie

Anonymous said...

I know I will never fully understand what you are going through...but also know how maddening the hurry up and wait process can be. Thinking and praying for you every single day!

Debbie said...

I just can't believe all this commotion! But I do understand the frustration at lack of communications -- and how things change there without people necessarily knowing what's going on... apparently you'll be the leader with this new judge :(

Let me know if I can do anything! I have a packet almost ready to send you once you hear travel news!!

Jill said...

Kathy,
I never got any answers to my direct questions without a phone call. Still praying for you.
Jill

Becky said...

My co-worker was sharing about their trip today. Do different agencies work with different orphanages in different regions? He said there are 4 homes in the region that they are getting their little boy from, with the one he is in the largest.

He anticipated that the next trip will be in 3 months but they got a call today stating it would possibly be a month earlier.

He mentioned a problem with one home due to the man who left his adopted child in a car, suffocating him. I told him about the situation where Anya is due to an adoptive mother killing a child and how that has affected hearings since.

Wow! It sounds like there are so many homes in Russia. He said there are 400 children in this one. Amazing.