The last word I got from our coordinator (on Sunday) was:
well, the judge should have responded within a few days after the deadline. I spoke to the judge's assistant yesterday and she says that she had no information yet.
So, what do we do? The only choice is to wait - apparently there is no 'law' that says how long a Judge has to reply, unless it is written in the legal statement...or something like that.
UNBELIEVABLE!
I have to ask why? Why waiting AGAIN!? Why when things start moving, do they stall (for what seems like eternity) with us? Do we not have enough Faith? Enough Hope? Have we not prayed enough over this situation? If we don't get Anya out of there (or have a court date) by her 7th birthday, she will be transferred to another orphanage with older kids...without going into details, BAD things happen in those orphanages. She turns 7 the end of June.
Seriously, WHY?!?!?!
4 comments:
We will never know why we are having to wait for our children. This is one of the questions I am going to have when I get to heaven! I pray that you will soon receive answers and that you will be able to blaze a trail for the rest of us who will go behind you! May you feel a peace that only He can give as you wait to receive more answers!
God Bless!
Jane
I can't answer the why ~ but I KNOW you have enough faith, prayers, love, and so on... But know you're always in my thoughts and prayers that you get some news soon!
Maybe it's so you get to experience a hot Siberian summer?!?
The reality this is all going as planned. The hitch is, it's not our plans that matter - it's HIS. I also don't know what the reason is we must wait so long for our children, but I know HE does. Could even be that He has kept Anya there because he was working through her. Hold fast to your faith and rely on other to help you through...
It's so hard to wonder "why"...especially when you KNOW the answer is that this, unfathomable as it may seem, is planned for your best--not good, but BEST.
But knowing and feeling are two different things.
Small comfort, perhaps, but here the kiddos don't move up to the big orphanages on their birthdays. They move up when the school year begins. And, while I completely understand your fears, know that many of the older orphanages are staffed with wonderful, protective caregivers.
Hang on. Just a little bit longer.
Post a Comment