Wednesday, May 27, 2009

the non-news news

Well, I fully hoped that I would have some kind of grand update to post tonight. But I don't. Today has been a series of "are you kidding me" events.

We got a note from our coordinator, that simply said:

I just got another legal statement ( at least the documents are not rejected), I will put it all in writing for you. Then I think we can talk on the phone to discuss these issues

My first thought was why did he say "at least the documents are not rejected" - was that a concern? What the heck? But then I tried to focus on "discuss the issues", maybe that means there aren't many things to "do". This paperwork redo thing is UNBELIEVABLE!

So - from that email, I had a plan. I was going to call the orphanage and talk to the Director to see if she had heard anything from the Adoption Center. Generally, when the child's documents are called for, that call goes to the Adoption Center, and they work together with the director at the orphanage. Typically, this is the 2-month point to a court date. My plan was a good one...

I lined up our interpreter to make the call for us.

First attempt - the line was busy.

Second attempt - she got a message that said there were troubles on the line.

WHAT?!

Thank goodness for Facebook! As I am posting all my frustrations with calling Russia, I get a message from Tami - our friend who lives in Irkutsk. Found out the phones there have been out for 2 days, and that the land-lines typically go out when it rains. NICE!

Step 2 in my grand plan was to call our coordinator. So, we did. He wasn't ready for our call, and I think we surprised him. He asked that we call back in 12 hours - this will give him time to translate the statement from the Judge and email it to me.

...so the news is that there is still no news.

6 comments:

J. said...

Praying that the morning brings good news and some well deserved peace of mind.

Anonymous said...

Still thinking and praying for all of you! I hope you hear something very. very soon and can post some good news instead of non-news=)

Debbie said...

Praying for good news!

J. said...

Praying you've heard something!

Jane said...

Praying that you will hear something and post good news soon. May God give you peace until then!

Hodges Five said...

I'm playing blog catch up here and can I just scream....ARRGGHHH!!!!! Praying!