Our friends, the Holmes family - they have also had a successful court hearing, and just arrived home last week. We're praying that the transition for their adoption son, Harry, continue to be good, that Skip (the brother) also adjust well, and that Judy and Mike (mom and dad) are able to get some much needed rest.
...and for us,
prayers and fund raisingIt is uncomfortable talking about money -especially with friends and some on this blog we don't even know. The facts are that money is a very real part of adoption. I know there has been some 'jabber' out there about my transparency on the money thing. That's me...I'm pretty transparent. Could we afford to do this if the economy didn't tank? Yes. Did we have a back up plan in place 'just in case'? Yes. Has the amt. we've spent to-date exceeded what we ever thought we'd spend? Yes. Is what we'll need when we head back to live in Russia for 7+ weeks more than we thought? Yes. Does any of this matter? No. What matters is Anya. She is what ALL of this is about.
We're praying for the financial aspects of our situation. The facts are bleak, the economy is poor, and the need is great, and quite honestly - overwhelming. Having said that - let me assure you that I KNOW GOD IS IN CONTROL, I know we have not come this far to have it all fall apart just because the incompetency of the USCIS or because the economy is crappy and we're broke.
Our dear friend (and fellow Irkutsk family), Lisa Young, has offered to help. She is going to act as our 'point person' on a fund raising effort that will continue throughout March and April. If you would like to help, want to pray specific needs for us, if you have a great fund raising idea or know of a fast grant, please email Lisa at LNYoung1 at a o l dot com.
FIRST FUNDRAISER
The first fund raiser will be Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28th at Camellia The Makeup Store in Heritage Square in Granger. I'll be there as part of a 'spring trend event' - all of the proceeds from the sale of my services that weekend will go to the adoption fund.
I'll also have Spring scarves for sale (pashmina type) and maybe some jewelry from Ali Oesch - all of which will go to the adoption fund.
2 comments:
Hey. I posted on Debbie's blog that I want to thank you and her and Judy for letting me be an honorary Irkutsk AP. You are the only people I know who've been actively working to bring home children from Russia longer than I have! You all give me hope.
Hey I would be happy to do an Avon fundraiser as well. If you are interested let me know! I know I do not have much money on me but this I could do for you. The only thing is that people would have to be willing to pay a little shipping for me to ship it out to them but you could get 30% or more into your adoption fund.
Post a Comment