Thursday, March 12, 2009

funny things

Now this this blog is private, you might find that I'll speak a little "free-er" than I normally do. ...and I just heard some of you say to yourselves "what possibly could she say that she hasn't already said"?

Who knows.

I just want to share a funny thing that people keep saying to me. I am sharing this especially for Debbie and Judy (because I know they've gotten this too).

Random Person: "Wow, there is some big reason this adoption has taken so long"

Me: "I know..."

Random Person: "Maybe you are supposed to start an adoption agency or help adoptive parents or something"

Me: (trying not to laugh uncontrollably) "Help my friends in Irkutsk, yes, but as a business - or something I deal with every day? Um, NO!"

No offense to all you PAPs or APs out there, but you have to admit, we can be a real emotional unreasonable bunch. The only thing worse that I can think of would be working with Brides...yikes! But PAPs are worse - there are more hormones involved.

I prefer to think that the big reason in all this is to save us or Anya from something - and whatever that thing is (or was), we might never know. Maybe someday I'll roll this story into one of the talks I do...which if funny - can't you just see my one-sheet:

Kathy Friend, wardrobe coach - fashion expert
Kathy can provide your group or organization with informational and
inspirational talks on:

  • Finding your Style
  • Dress To Your Business Card
  • Finding your Passion (for teens)
  • Fashion in Russia
  • How to plan for a 7-8 week trip to Irkutsk
  • Keeping Busy while on the Adoption Road

Anywho - I hope to be able to update you all with news in the next day or so!

3 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

AP are tough to work with LOL!! I tried it for awhile!! :) I still LOVE them all though!!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Hee hee!
I hear ya!!
:)

Debbie said...

I'll assist with the "how to plan for a 7-8 week stay in IRK" if I can trade for some free clothing (advice) LOL --