This weekend officially kicks off our fundraising efforts to Bring Anya Home.
My friend and jewelry designer (Ali Oesch - you should always wear her stuff!) has made this one-of-a-kind necklace for us to sell. Isn't it beautiful?! To understand this necklace, you need to know me fairly well. From reading this blog - you may have a pretty good idea who I am and what I am all about. Things I've said about this journey always include the words strength and truth.
The 3 stones represent me, Marty and Anya.The Pearl is important, not only because I wear pearls every day of my life (in one form or another), but because it is the stone of Truth.
The little silver bead represents the strength of platinum, and our strong resolve, and strong faith to bring Anya home.
And of course, the clear teardrop in the center, representing the many tears we've shed over making Anya wait to come home...the big tear also represents tears of Joy for the end of this story.
All of this I came up with, so if you have a better story to put with the beads, I'd love to hear it!
Ali will make as many as 100 of these for us to sell. Can you believe that?! We will retail them for $38 - and make them available anywhere that will offer to sell them for us!
I know you are dying for one, aren't you? Well, I will have the very first of this limited edition 'Bring Anya Home' necklace with me this weekend at Camellia The Makeup Store in Heritage Square in Granger. There will be some other great things there this weekend too that we'll be selling to raise funds.
7 comments:
So... how does one outside of the Granger area get there hands on one of these necklaces?
I'm interested in purchasing one as well. I live in CA.
Aren't they BEAUTIFUL?! I am working on those details. In the meantime - we are able to take payment through PayPal and add the cost of shipping (about $4 or $5) - but we have 2 friends who are helping with fundraising - and they will be coming up with something much better than this :)
I think for now, just leave your comments here that you want one, and I will email you a PayPal invoice to pay from. Just make sure you leave your real name, some of your screen names I am not connecting with your real names :)
That's a wonderful story to go with he necklace!
Kathy,
I would love one. Here is my email for my paypal AmonetteN@msn.com.
Thanks, Nicole Amonette
I just bought mine and can't wait to get it!!
Lisa B Wojo
Post a Comment