Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I171-H HAS BEEN APPROVED!

I can't believe it. at 4:35 today, I got a note from the Chicago field office of the USCIS that simply said "Your I-171h was approved and forward to Russia."

I think they approved us just to shut me up. I don't really care - whatever the reason, it is DONE DONE!

Although the timing isn't what we needed, our hope is that our friends in Moscow at the Embassy are able to fax something to our coordinator in Irkutsk for the appointment today. I am sure a faxed copy of a current letter, with confirmation of the letter being sent is better than a copy of an old approval from 2007.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your prayers. I'm not sure what time our dossier is being presented to the Judge, but I am sure our friends (the Ninmann's) who are still in Irkutsk will hear news before we well...and I am more than confident that Debbie will email me when she knows ANYTHING.

Today is also the day the Ninmann's should be hearing if their son's Passport is in - this means they might be able to book flights home today! YAY!!!!

With that, the blog goes private tonight. Stay tuned for the last chapter of the story!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that it's done, hope if falls on the right desks at the right time. I would like to continue being able to read your story.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you tonight!!! Thinking and praying for all of you. Hope all goes well. Please include us in the private blog email. Here's to you "happy ever after!"

Anonymous said...

This is more exciting than anything on TV ever!!! I'm so proud of your strength!!

Love - Lisa B. Wojo XOXO

J. said...

YEAH! God's timing, again! Not always perfect for us - but in the big scheme of things - absolutely according to HIS plan! Can't wait to hear the outcome! I'll be stalking today!

Anonymous said...

It's our 9th anniversary today. You two were there for us then and we'll be there for you now. Love you, Kris and Steve