Friday, October 10, 2008

a note about the presidential debate

Now that I have your attention, don't freak out. I'm not going to be spouting any of my political views, or offer any commentary on the election - there are PLENTY of blogs out there for that -


But this is kind of political / election-ish - I took a few days off from reading my blogs this week. Every time I do that, something exciting and fun happens to one of my 'virtual' friends - and I TOTALLY feel like I missed out. Silly I know...kind of like when you were in second grade, and you play sick to get out of going to school - and then find out there was an assembly that day, and it was super cool - and you missed out.


Anyway, one of my fav blogs had a fun post. Angie's husband (Todd) is a singer in a little band called Selah. If you've never heard of Selah, I am in SHOCK. Anyway, Todd was asked to be in the 'on the floor' audience at the presidential debate the other night. Super cool! He was in the front row, and all ready to ask his question. Tom Brokaw never got around to asking Todd to share his query, however at the end of the debate, Obama came up to him and asked what he did for a living. Well, apparently - Todd explained that he was a singer / songwriter with a band called Selah - Obama had never heard of Selah, and said that he would look them up online!


Seriously - who hasn't heard of Selah?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny, I read this on their blog too! I believe you are the one that got me addicted to Bring on the Rain:)