The Judge in Irkutsk postponed...AGAIN!
Here is what I know...
The Judge asked for the bio mother to show up - this isn't uncommon. The bio mother didn't show up - saying she had an emergency with another child.
The Judge also called for the Russian families who rejected Harry to show up. She called for 8, 2 showed up. Apparently one of the men was NOT HAPPY he was called. The 2 families were grilled about why they didn't choose this child (but, they did choose another child...I don't know if this is even legal! Russian adoptions are 'closed' and pretty hush hush...)
So, the Judge decided that she was going to postpone, because of the 6 families that didn't show up, and the bio mother.
The Judge is forcing the mother to make a statement as to her feelings on an American family adopting the child.
All of this could take 4-6 weeks.

As for our friends...they are spent. That is the only word I can come up with. They were to return to Moscow today for the last portion of this journey. Of course, they will need to change travel plans.
Being in Irkutsk is expensive. Traveling there is expensive. They are trying to make decisions on staying, going home, sending the Mr. home to work - and then come back...too many decisions to make on a weary and tired brain.
Of course, at this point, there is nothing to appeal - since no decision has been made.
I am furious to tears. I can not believe this...

I will be sending out an adoption newsletter to my 'big list' of contacts...begging for prayer in this situation. There is so much to pray about today, with the election coming up, the state of the economy, and other heartache in the world...I want to appeal to you - please pray for this family and this situation! I am praying that they are able to make a decision on what to do next, and that the decision is made with a total peace in their hearts. I am also continuing to pray for this Judge and everyone associated with this legal process. The stronghold that is strangling this process needs to be released!
4 comments:
That is horrible! I was praying for all of you that this one would break the barrier. I'm sad for them.
Judy
praying, praying, praying for all of you. I guess this is all I can say right now. May you all feel the strength of the prayers surrounding you.
I have to words. It almost reminds me of when we adopted a child here in the US. Really. The mother showed up on drugs so they couldn't have it. She checked herself into a hospital so we couldn't have it. She never showed up......Then her attorney argues about what a wonderful mother she is....
I am so sorry. I am seething and that is not Spiritual at all.
This is so not good. I just do not get it. It makes NO sense at all.
Post a Comment