Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Train of Hope...or MISERY!

I got a note today from our friend who is in Irkutsk...the family who is there battling with the court.

Apparently, there is a 'Train of Hope' that will be coming to the region from the 9-11th. The "Train of Hope" - organized by the Russian government - will be in the Irkutsk Region from 9 through 11 October seeking children to adopt. There are 45 families that are coming. The Train has never been to the Irkutsk region before.

Do I think this is coincidence? Now that an American family is there fighting the court? Now that another American family has submitted documents and are waiting for a court date? Now that at least 3 other families are 90% done with the document prep?

From what I understand, the group will only visit the adoption center, and look through the database for children they want to meet in person.

I am praying that God keep all of our children safe during this time. I don't even know what else to pray about...I am at a loss.

3 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

I have no words. This is just unbelievable. These kids are God's. His will be done.

Becky said...

Wow. Sounds like the orphan train of years gone by. That is truly unreal.

Anonymous said...

At least one French family has lost their child who has been adopted by one of the 45 families traveling in the "train of home" ...