Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Exciting Adoption News

I Twittered about it yesterday, so I guess I should post an update.

I know this post is going to prompt a boat-load of questions…know that I do not have any answers.

[background] You all know that I’ve become close with several other American families who are also waiting to adopt a precious little one from Irkutsk, Russia. We’ve all been waiting about the same amount of time (around the 4 year mark). We’ve all been an incredible source of strength for each other; not to mention an amazing resource for one another!





Well, one of these amazing families has been able to obtain a court date in Irkutsk. Yes, you read that right – one of my friends, who is an American, has a court date from the Judge in Irkutsk. The court date is to bring her little one home.

This is huge.




Before I get bombarded with questions, let me try to avoid them here…

No, I am not going to tell you when the court date is. Just know that it is coming soon. When it does happen, and when my friend gives me permission – I will post an urgent prayer request to all of you. We have prayed our way through this process thus far…we need to pray these dear people through this court hearing!!

No, I don’t know about any other cases – or if the Judge will give any other dates out.

No, our documents are not updated – they all expired Aug 31. No, I don’t know when I will have them done. Yes, I am going to update them. Yes, our team in Russia continues to work on our case.
Yes, I am a little in shock.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!
PHOTOS: from west.ioimprov.com and wildcatblitz.com

4 comments:

Bazaar at The Beehive said...

That's AWESOME news Kathy!!!

cd

KonaDogBlog said...

Oh BAH!!! That is a MIRACLE, a complete miracle! I won't wait, I will start praying now!! I've got chills and tears!!! Wonderful wonderful news! (Notice, no questions here!!!)
Affie

Becky said...

Yes! I continue to pray. I love your new background. It is fun to read about the kitties too. I am involved with a siamese rescue. I got one that I planned to give to my mom and she is the meanest meezer on the block which means I am probably the only person who would put up with her. Perhaps this will be the year you will bring Anya home. Praying.

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhh!!!! We are so excited for all of you:)