Monday, September 01, 2008

and then the floodgates opened

I was surfing around online tonight - pretty much avoiding anything that even sounded or looked like work (so for me, no online shopping, reading about trends, no magazines...)

I went to a friend's website I haven't been to in a LONG time. This is what I saw:

The title is "Anya's Blessing".
This is a beautiful painting that Cricket Berry did for an adoption fundraiser (auction) that my dear friends had for us years (and I do mean years) ago. I can't remember who won this - but I remember wanting to bid on it (and wondering if that would be not-cool...to bid on something at a silent auction that is being held to benefit you).
In my small group last week, we were talking about embarrassing moments. Anyone who knows me knows that my life is full of silliness that could be interpreted as embarrassment. But seeing this picture reminded me of that night. About how humbled I felt, how loved I felt, and...yes, embarrassed. Embarrassed that we needed a "fund raiser". And I know - this was a way my friends could support us in the adoptions. I know they wanted to do 'something'...I know that.
Those feelings are still with me now - so many years later. I'm embarrassed that we don't have Anya home yet - that SO MANY people have poured time, gifts, frequent flyer miles, money, prayers into this.
And that is all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

KonaDogBlog said...

OH BAH!! How I know that feeling. I pray that you will have her home one day. You are to be commended (truly!!) for your dedication to "one little girl".
Hugs,
Affie