Monday, November 19, 2007

Document Update

We heard from Russia today. Apparently our lawyer has had an emergency in her family, so was out of the office all of last week. She presented our documents, and of course, the Judge rejected them with technical issues (again).

Our appeal to the Supreme Court is being prepared now.

On one hand, I am excited. On the other hand, I am sick to my stomach. This elevates our case significantly - and will bring a lot of attention to our case (more than we already have). But, we're ready for it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Well maybe this is what it takes. Prayers, as always, coming your way, now for a successful hearing with the Higher Court. May they not have blinders on. ~germaine and family

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that the Supreme Court will over-rule her decision since you have already complied with her previous requests.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I feel your frustration and want you to know that I'm praying for you everyday.

Lisa B.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone - mostly for feeling my pain and frustration! I am so blessed to have you guys on our side!

Brenda said...

Kathy,

Just wanted to say happy thanksgiving and praying for success with the supreme court!!

Anonymous said...

Our youngest child has an amazing adoption story and I truly feel your anguish and frustation. How you must long to hold Anya in your arms and know you don't have to let go. Praying still.....

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the supreme court not wanting Anya to be with her loving parents asap. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Susan Hammerling

Unknown said...

I wish the Judge could just talk to Anya and ask her "do you want to live with Mommy and Daddy" - and hear her shout an enthusiastic 'YES!". I wish the Judge could watch us with her. Watch her little face light up when she learns that we're coming to visit.

Anonymous said...

I read your update on the IRK yahoo group - praying all goes well for you and hopefully you get something accomplished! Debbie in WI