Friday, October 01, 2010

on life...


I have to say, I can't remember a time in my life where I felt so, well, OK with things. At peace maybe.

It seems that all I can remember is running toward something, fighting for something, stressing over something. In my 20's it was a marriage (or lack thereof), then it became a job/career (or lack thereof), then relationships (or lack thereof), then of course for the past 6 years working, fighting, stressing over the adoption.

Some days I have to pinch myself. I have a beautiful daughter, a great husband, a perfect job. I even have a daughter that likes to help me at work (yes, this is Anya helping me at the beginning of this season...unpacking boxes upon boxes of new samples of current season clothing)

I have found myself waiting for the other shoe to drop, waiting for something bad to happen. Odd, huh? I am FINALLY settling into LIFE. This is it!

So - fair warning. I am pretty protective of what we've got going on over here. We've worked hard to have the kind of marriage we have, we've worked hard to bring Anya home, and I've busted my booty to get my career on the path that it is currently on. A lot of blood, sweat and tears are behind us now...and we're taking deep breaths - and it's all good.

Maybe this is joy?



5 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Enjoy!

Amy Watson said...

Just beautiful, Kathy! I am so glad that you have found the joys of motherhood and that you are rockin your career!

Michelle Wegner said...

I think you're on to something...

:)

So happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! So sweet! Enjoy it because you deserve it. God promised that we would reap what we sow. You have worked hard for everything you have. Now, you are reaping the harvest.

Love it!
Love you!

It's great to see you so happy after the trials and tribulations.

Valerie from Valdosta

Becky said...

She is really blossoming isn't she? She is beautiful and I am so happy for all of you!