I've been working on our documents, trying to be creative to meet the requirements set forth by Judge Stepanova. Today, it all came together. The last 2 pieces of the puzzle I needed were completed! YAY! I had a meeting tomorrow night get cancelled, which means that I will be spending that time working on organizing everything to send to the Secretary of State's office to be apostilled, then everything gets shipped off to Irkutsk! Looks like everything will be there on Friday!
We also heard today that the rumors that were going around when I was in Irkutsk in January have come to pass. Judge Stepanova will be replaced the end of March.
This new Judge will be hearing adoption cases - Stepanova will have nothing to do with adoption cases. This new guy is young, and has 2 kids.
I don't know what to think about this. Everyone else seems to be leaping for joy...I am cautious. I remember when Stepanova replaced the Judge before her (yes, I've been in this game THAT long!) - we were all so happy. We were just sure that was an answer to prayer - well, that isn't what happened...things got worse, a -thousand-fold worse (if that is even a legit term!).
4 comments:
Glad to hear the documents came together!!!
I understand your caution. I have been around to watch each judge get worse since 1997. I am praying that this man is pro adoption!!!!
So glad you're paperwork is in order! Isn't that a GREAT feeling!
Can understand your caution--and think it's wise.
fingers crossed. We've outlasted at least 4 CPS workers, still waiting. Good luck!
God willing this judge will be better.
I will keep you and Anya in my prayers.
Post a Comment