
I know I have said it a million times, but international adoption is a funny thing. At least in Russia it is!
You go to court, the court grants the adoption...but it isn't official for 10 days. The 10 days is more of a title than a period of time for waiting - that 10 days might really be like 14 days.
Well, a few days ago, that 10 days finally ended for our friends, the H family. Now that everything is official official, I can tell you that this is the Holmes Family!
Judy has opened her blog for the world to read, and I encourage you to take a minute, and read about her journey (that she is STILL on!) in Irkutsk. Please leave comments for her...she is there alone with the 2 boys, and the comments are what gives her a lifeline to a normal world. THe blog can be found HERE.
1 comment:
Hey Kathy! I wanted to take a minute to "introduce" myself to you. We "met" a few years back on the Irkutsk board when we were in the process of adopting our son in April 2005. We are so happy for the Holmes and the Ninmanns. Debbie has been to GA to visit us a couple of times and we met the Holmes finally in person at the ATL airport on their way to Russia. We pray that they have paved the way for you and all of the other waiting families. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you guys!! Hopefully, when all of the children get home we can have a big get together.
Send me an email sometime and I'll add you to our blog if you're interested. hodgesfive@bellsouth.net
Brandi Hodges, GA
Post a Comment