Saturday, August 02, 2008

adoption paperwork

It's been a while since I posted anything about the adoption - so I guess I should say a little something about it.

I am having trouble getting the new medical form done. We known someone who is good friends with the medical director at one of the big clinics around here. We need him to get this done. I haven't been able to get any contact info out of my friend. I tried to just call the office -and he isn't taking any new patients...so they wouldn't make an appointment for me to see him.

Generally, I hit a closed door, or a 'no' and I see that as an exciting challenge. Now - a 'no' just makes me tired...and I put that document that needs to be done on my 'to do' pile. This has been going on for weeks now...and it's still not done. And, it is on my 'to do' list for next week.

Why is this ONE document SO HARD to get done? I've completed (literally) thousands of documents for this adoption...the same document done 6 times (different each time) in triplicate...and it didn't tire me. I just don't know why I can't muster the energy to get this done this time.

4 comments:

KonaDogBlog said...

Come on now! Don't give up now. Dig DEEP! I am pulling for you.

Afcharka!

J. said...

It's difficult because we've done it so many times, and when we do, instead of knowing we're done, we dread the judges response, and what she'll come up with next. If we knew that redoing a document meant an immediate court date, we would be all over it - but we've waited so long, been disappointed so many times, that we're weary. I've been exactly where you're standing - it stinks big time. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. My doctors were great during my paperwork process!!
Jennifer

Debbie said...

Ditto what Addy said! if we knew it was the end....