Saturday, August 16, 2008

my church...and me MIA

For the past few weeks, we haven't been able to go to church as regularly as we normally do...and that bums me out. Travel schedules, and gas prices seem to be keeping us on this side of Michiana.

My church is making a switch for the mid-week service. Typically - the Thursday night service is one that I would not miss...no matter what. Over the summer, an announcement was made that the Thursday services is moving to Wednesday nights - and taking on a new format. Cool! Love new and different. I never got all of the details, because (of course) we missed that week.

When I heard the news, I also heard that it was going to start in August. So, I've been loading my schedule on Thursday nights.

Huge mistake...

This past Thursday was the last 'thurs. mid-week' service. I've heard rumblings that it was amazing - of course, I didn't know it was the last Thursday night - and we didn't go (I was working).

Did you go this past week? What did I miss? What is the new Wednesday all about? When does it start?

...I need details!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

We have the next 2 weeks off for mid-week services.

1st Wednesdays start Wed 9/3. The 1st Wed of every month will be a worship service & communion.

The balance of Wednesdays during the month we will have Journey classes. You will choose for the entire month one of 3 teachings. The next month you will choose a new teaching selection for the month.

All of the Weds will start at a NEW TIME 6:30!!!

The Student Ministry ages will have their own age appropriate bible studies at the same time on Weds.

IMPORTANT:
New service times start this weekend!!!
Saturdays 5&7PM
Sundays 9:30&11:30AM
All services now 75 minutes, adding more worship music time.

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!

They passed our flyers with the Journey class selections for the balance of the year, they should be available online.

Last NC was INCREDIBLE..........FAB teaching from Jason, Mark B, Rob and Dr. Bob. They WORSHIP was breathtaking and no one was the same after....praying hearts are wide open to go further up, further in!

Love you!! Vicki