Odd, huh. Who in their right mind would "miss" Russia? I do. And it is WAY expensive to go there this time of the year. Not to mention the bug factor in Siberia in the summer (seriously bad). But, I'd take it...
Being in Russia means that you're not comfortable. When I am there, I feel really out of sorts - hard to be the 'me' that everyone knows when I am there. But it's OK. It's just a different side of me. Kind of me without the high heels.
But I miss it...and by 'it', I mean Anya.
4 comments:
Awe, man - me too!
And you know your high heels fit in perfectly there!! I think the lack of heels is what points us out as Americans! (that and my sunglasses!)
I HONESTLY do miss Russia. I miss Harry terribly, but, I can also admit that I actually love Angarsk. Maybe it's the fact that life here at home is so crazy and hectic in contrast to the simmple, predictable life in Russia. Mike & both love the "back to basics" life we live there, and hope to travel back often, even after Harry is home. We never had the bug issues, but maybe we missed them, having been there the month of August, and several weeks in May/June. Maybe July is the bad month - it IS one of the few months we haven't been there. I'm sure we're in the minority who welcome the simple lifestyle, but then again, we've never claimed to be "normal"....it's highly overrated you know :)
Its not strange! I miss Russia too and the many friends we made....
We were there in August on trip 1 for Katie and I do not remember any bugs at all and it was always in the 70's! It was beautiful!!!!
I miss russia too. I was just thinking of posting something about it on my blog.
Post a Comment