
I was driving home last night from work listening to the radio and thinking. Seems the only time I have to sit and think is when I am driving.
I have been feeling that I am coming to the end of my resources. I am hitting walls that I KNOW I can overcome, but I can't find a solution to the problem. We're not seeing steps backward with the adoption - just feels like running a sprint - in place...over and over again, nonstop, for years on end.
Apparently there isn't enough to take our case to the Supreme Court. The Judge in Irkutsk hasn't 'denied' our case (i.e she hasn't said no) - and I guess until she says no, we can't take it to the Supreme Court. I guess there are more documents the Judge has asked of our lawyer - but of course, I have no idea what those documents are. SO FRUSTRATING! And - in the process of all the dilly-dallying, many of or documents have expired. What documents you ask? Good question - I have no idea (probably criminal checks, but a list of what we need to redo has not been provided).
There is also a rumor that the Judge won't accept the accreditation of this one agency who has federal accreditation in Russia (who works in Irkutsk). The documents they needed to file in the region were to be filed the first part of January. Well, we're looking at March 1 - and the documents are still not filed. Grrrrrr. We are traveling the first part of March, and will be in the neighborhood of the corporate office for this agency. My plan is to set an appointment with them. We'll see.
So, I'm driving home late last night. - and a song came on that I have heard a thousand times before (Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns). But for some reason, there were parts of the lyrics I had never heard before. This is what I heard loud and clear (and if you've heard this song, you know that picking out words is a little tricky):

The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"
But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
Well, that's me. Standing before this giant with nothing. I got nothing - no rights, no tricks up my sleeve, no miracles. All I have is Faith. This one thing that makes most people think I am nuts. Makes the people in Russia wonder about me.
Somewhere there is a stone (or document or person or something) that is JUST THE RIGHT SIZE to defeat this giant.
If you happen to find a stone that is just the right size, let me know!
1 comment:
I don't think you're crazy Kathy for continuing your journey to bring Anya home. She's your daughter and you and Marty are her parents, and she BELONGS with you guys. One person, whose name I won't mention, will ask me periodically if you've got "the kid" yet. I said no, that a Judge over there isn't being very cooperative and she said I'd just give up. I told her you can't because she's your daughter and she belongs here with you guys. It made me very angry and sick to my stomach to hear her utter those words. It also made me fully understand why you're doing what you're doing ... Anya is your daughter and you're only doing what any loving parent would do - move heaven and earth to insure her happiness. I commend you both, Kathy. And from one parent to another, I don't know how you do it. It would kill me to be away from my son that long. I'd probably end up taking things into my own hands and be on the run with my kid. Don't give up! (I know you won't.) I believe there's a great reward for you waiting at the end of this journey ... besides Anya!
Keeping you in my prayers,
Joan Yoder
Post a Comment