Sunday, December 26, 2010

anoter happening...the Wokurka family!

About the same time we were in Chicago (a few days prior) our friends in SC (the Wokurka family) got home from Irkutsk with their son, SV.  We are so excited for them!  Thanks to all of you for remembering them during their time in Irkutsk, and lifting them in prayer. 

I wish we could have met them at the airport - but getting to the Carolinas just wasn't possible.  BUMMER! 

This photo I borrowed from Lisa's Facebook page.  It was taken at the airport as they entered the US and were reunited with their other 2 boys.  And may I just comment on one thing - do you remember how haggard and almost ogre like I looked when I got off the plane in South Bend when we returned from Russia?  Look at Lisa!  Seriously people, she looks like she has been on a 30 day spa retreat!  ...although I know she was NOT!  ...but she looks amazing! (a little jealous!)

Congratulations to the Wokurka family!  We love ya, and are so happy for your Christmas miracle!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks Friends!

Kathy you're too kind.... I certainly don't feel like I LOOK like I've just been at the spa. and I definitely didn't FEEL like I'd just been at the spa. But it was just about the best feeling EVER to step foot off that airplane on good ole Carolina soil! =)

YAY!

Merry (late) Christmas to you and Happy New Year!