Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas - part 1, the Chicago edition

I have NOT been good about updating this blog.  I get all these great ideas for Blog posts, and then forget.

So I thought I would just sit down tonight and remember all that has been great about this holiday season - anyone want to take bets on how much of this "writing" I actually get done?

Our holiday celebration started the weekend before Christmas when we went to meet our friends, The Ninmann's.  They are from Wisconsin so it was nice to meet them kinda in the middle.  I can't tell you how much this family has come to mean to us.  Every time we get together I find myself wishing that we lived closer together.

Their son Nathan (seen in this pic...he is the one with the bunny ears) is also from Irkutsk.  Our kids all love each other, and play together so well.  Anya just adores these boys.

We had a great time in Chicago...ate WAY too much.  We walked Michigan Ave., went to the museum, of course hit the Shops at North Bridge and 900 N Michigan (because really, it wouldn't be a trip into the city without a stop at both of these places).  I will say, however, now my stops at these addresses is a bit different than in the past.  In my BA (before Anya) life, North Bridge meant that I would spend some time at Nordstrom visiting with the personal shoppers there.  Getting caught up on the latest in the shoe department, and maybe stopping in to see some familiar faces in the cosmetic department. This trip...I only went into Nodies to use the ladies room!


Debbie hurt her leg before they got on the train into the city...and Marty and I were fighting colds.  So it was an interesting trip for the adults!  ...but the kids had a great time, so that is what matters!

No comments: