Many of you have asked me about our agency. The long and short answer is...we don't have one. I am our agency. I guess you could say THE FRIEND AGENCY is handling our adoption (hee hee!).
I do want to ask for your prayers on one thing. You all know about THE OTHER AGENCY. The one we started with in 2004; the one who took $12,000* of our hard earned moola and then left us stranded right before a trip to Irkutsk in 2006, and stopped returning our phone calls. This is the same agency I ranted about a few months back when the director wanted to "friend" me on Facebook.
*note: I thought it was $8,000 - but when I went back and looked at all the fees we paid to her, and her agents in Russia - it was actually $12,000...that motivated me to write her a letter
Well, I sent the Director (owner, whatever) a letter today. FedEx'ed it to her. It is a very nice letter (I promise!). I asked her to prayerfully consider refunding our money.
Will you all pray with us on this? You all know adoption money is a pretty big issue for us right now. If this woman could find it in her conscious, heart (pension fund, home equity) to refund even 1/2 of what we paid her, it would be a HUGE help.
6 comments:
Could you share the name of 'that' agency? Should my daughter decide to pursue adoption this year, I want to make sure she doesn't come across and consider it. Thanks.
Kathy,our prayers and support are with you guys in these final days. We want to do whatever we can to help. Please let us know what we can do.
Good luck! She can use the money she got from all of us to pay you back! I pray her heart is open.
What a nice specific prayer we can do for you on this... oh so hoping!!
Praying she does the right thing here. When things went bad for us I wanted to pay each and every person back. It was not a lot but I had to offer. I told them all that even though the money had gone for expenses at the time I would pay each one back on a payment plan. They all told me no but I knew in my heart that I had to at least offer. I pray that the "person" will decide to do the same thing.
I heard there were other families she duped out of thousands of dollars as well. Frankly, I don't see how she can still be in the business. I know one woman wanted to take her to court for all the lost fee's($20 G) and heartache. I think she was the next family up for court in Irk. when the Hilt murder happened and they put her child in foster care. I remember reading about it on her blog, it was heartbreaking. I do hope you rec. some form of compensation.
Post a Comment