
After 5 years, 4 months and 3 weeks…
After 5 trips to
After working with and through 2 agencies, 4 Judges, 3 lawyers, the Secretary of State, Embassy and DHL…
After unmentionable sums of money, energy, frustration, anger, humiliation, praise, glee and prayer
OUR DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE JUDGE IN
I’m not kidding.
Ever since the news hit my email in-box yesterday morning, I have been in this constant dialog with God. The conversation is going something like this:
Me: “really? Really? REALLY?”
God: “yes”
Me: “Are you serious, really?”
And so we take this last step in the process to bring Anya home, knowing tat God hears our prayers…and remembering that HE is in control. Yes – we take this step with a nervous shake in our legs – but HE is in control!
God has answered our prayers, because we have trusted Him – completely. He has already shown us that HE is in control and all of the little (and big!) details, and it will all work out for His glory. For that, we are already praising God!
NOW WHAT
There are a few documents we need to update by January 11. By few, I mean 5…only 5 little things (that we’ve done before a million times, but are now expired). Once these documents are submitted to the court, a firm date will be given. Right now, we’re looking at the week of January 25th.
There is a lot to do, plans to be made, money to be gotten, freaking out to be had. But, it’s all good!
WE ARE GOING TO BRING OUR LITTLE GIRL HOME!
22 comments:
Kathy,
I am so very excited for you, Marty, and Anya too! It is so exciting for this to finally be happening. I pray that you are able to pave the way for the rest of us to bring our kids home. Until then, I am rejoicing and praising the Lord with you and your family! May God continue to bless you as you prepare for this final step to bring Anya home.
Congratulations!
Jane and Ava
Kathy - I check your blog daily to see updates, and I am so excited for you all right now. Please keep us all updated on when you will be going over and the whole process. I am truly so happy for you! You deserve this! Anya deserves this.
Best of luck!
Jennice
So so so so sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you and Marty and Anya!
Sounds like we will just miss seeing you in Irkutsk, we leave the 23rd to fly back to the US.
I've been smiling since we heard the news. Congratulations!!!
Lisa, Darren, Aidan and Asher
Excellent!!! What more can I say ??
Yaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooo!!! I hope we get to hear the same news next week, and I hope we get to hang out together in Irkutsk!
It is hard to really believe, isn't it? We've all had our hopes dashed so many times that it's difficult to trust that this is really IT...
Praying these judges have no more tricks up their sleeves,
Kirsten
I am so thrilled to see this news on your blog! I have been checking in, hoping for this, and it is finally here. Look forward to getting to read the events in the next stage of your family's future! SO EXCITED for you, your husband, and Anya!
Jennifer
Oh my gosh, Kathy! Goosebumps are up and down my body. I can't imagine how elated you must be. I am beyond happy for you and Marty and especially Anja!!!!
God bless!!! Praying for a smooth and swift court.
~germaine and family
God is good!
Sheri
Kathy,
I like everyone else also checks your blog everyday. Lord after all the rain in my life there is some sunshine. Praise the Lord. I am beyond thrilled to see the news. Can't wait for you to post from Russia.
woo hoo! I am so happy for you guys! keep us posted...
I just want to cry. I am SO excited for you. So thrilled. What a huge praise and wonderful Christmas gift. Maybe next Summer you and Anya will be making the trip to American Girl. Keep us posted - lost of pictures.......
Oh My Word! I just found out about this!!! I am SO HAPPY for you ALL and can't wait to meet her! You guys have been through so much! I will continue to pray till she's home! :) Love you! Jen
blessings to everyone...I am so excited to hear the good news.
Kathy
This is just fantastic news. I am just thrilled for You, Anya and Marty.
I can't wait to meet her (Summer B-Day party at the American Girl Cafe in Chicago right? I'll fly up there from Houston with my girls :))
Merry Christmas and Love!!!
Stephanie
Praise the Lord! I'm rejoicing with this exciting news and praying all will go smoothly with the trip preparation, paperwork and court date.
heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
What a Christmas miracle!!! We love and are thinking of you:)
Still just singing praises for you and your family.
How exciting Kathy! Sorry to just now be reading this. We've been away for a week in Moscow and just got home this morning. We'll keep praying for all the details!
Tami
All I can say is
OH MY GOSH!!!!!
Congratulations!!!
Sooooo happy for you!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Wow this is the best news I've heard in so very long, and I so look forward to hearing about your FINAL trip. God is GREAT!
Judy
Kathy,
I am thrilled for you and Marty! And what a wonderful Christmas present!!! Keeping you all in prayers.
Joan
Still no date?
Post a Comment