Just got off the phone with Alex Irkutsk. He is our coordinator. He got a call from the court this afternoon. He was told that our file was not accepted, however he was not given a reason. And yes - according to Russian law, a reason MUST be given.
The court also said that a legal statement was written on September 30th, however Alex was not notified of this until today (Oct 9). This in and of itself is against Russian Law. He was also told that the statement would not be ready to be picked up until Monday.
So we're done. We're hiring a shark lawyer in Russia to appeal the Judge and take our case above her head. According to Alex, he feel s that this judge is asking for things that don't exist, and she doesn't understand...therefore isn't accepting our case. Which is not a reason to not grant a court date.
Alex also feels that the Judge is bias against us (gee, do ya think), so the appeal will include a request to have another judge hear our case.
Know we are not the only family in this current situation. There is one other family who is the same boat with us. It's good to not be alone!
Right now we need prayers. Prayers bigger than I can even verbalize.
11 comments:
I am praying for you bigger than anything I have ever prayed for and will light some candles at church for you today!! I love you Kath and you are so not alone!!
Big prayers!
Calling the Prayer Chain at church right now.
Praying God size prayers and expecting God size results!!!
Praying for your family to be united very soon. For Russian Supreme Court to grant you all a family as soon as they can.
You are in my prayers and my thoughts, each day.
Praying. God is certainly larger than the Russian Court System.
Oh my gosh, this is big news. Sending tons of prayers that this final push will be it. At least you'll hopefully be rid of this very evil judge.
Kathy, do you know if the other family that uses Alex will also go the route of the attorney? As always, you are in my prayers.
I agree with Becky! God is certainly bigger than the Russian Court System. Praying for you as always!
Prayers big time. I was so praying it would not come to this.
Oh my.
I can feel my blood pressure rise just reading that.
You go girl! Go above that stinkin' judges head.
I will be praying for you and your sweet baby girl!
Amy
Post a Comment