Let me first qualify something:
- This is not the end of the road, but rather a more forceful direction. Because of that, it is good.
Having said that - I will share that I feel completely defeated. Everyone else who has adopted from Irkutsk has done so with a lawyer who is acting as an agency, or directly with an agency. We are doing neither. Because of that, when something is wrong with a document, it's all me - it's my fault.
Admittedly, I have a hard time seeing my own errors with paperwork when I know what it is supposed to look like and say. With the hundreds of documents we've submitted, I will also admit I have gotten lazy; just want to get it done.
So, we're moving forward. Well be wiring more money to Russia in the next few days to pay for this new lawyer. We're asking for your prayers - we don't have what is required, however I know God is all over this - so I am trying to not worry about it. It'll happen.
3 comments:
Today was a rough day for my co-worker too. They were matched with a little guy, met him in May, and were preparing to bring him home. They got a phone call today stating that after 2 1/2 years his grandma showed up at the orphanage and took him. You gotta be kidding.
Kathy - we will do all we can to get you through this... even if it's "just" emotional support... I too would just beat myself up when a document had an error that I "should" have seen... but as with anything, when you know what it's supposed to say - that's what you read it to say... and I didn't do nearly as much of the paperwork as you have... Don't beat yourself up - really, this will all fade out of memory! Hugs...
I can only imagine I would be feeling the same way. Praying for more good news from Alex for you guys.
Post a Comment