So, I have been tracking our package with the updated documents. We had about 10 days to come up with the Judge's latest requests...we did it. The documents got to where they needed to be...and then we got the call. The Secretary of State's office had messed up the apostille (certification) of all of the documents.I'm not kidding.
I called the SOS's office to see what could be done, and it seems that they can't just give me new forms and seals, they need the original documents. Makes sense, I guess.
So I had the distinct pleasure of redoing EVERY SINGLE DOCUMENT today. The good news is that I am going to be in Indy on Monday anyway, so I can get them re apostilled.
The bad news is that this means we are forced to get an extension from the Judge. We've never had to do this before, and I don't know how this is going to make us look. I am a little concerned about it all.
Will keep you all posted!
2 comments:
Probably an extention because of imcompetence of an American Gov't Official will actually look ok to them :)
SO SORRY this happened tho - my heart sank upon hearing it. That is just almost too much to believe in this saga of yours.
Always know we're thinking of you and praying you get to bring Anya home soon and get onto the next chapter of your lives!!!
I am SO sorry, Kathy! Seriously?! How in the WORLD does the SOS office mess up ALL of your apostilles?!!
I agree with Debbie on all counts. Don't know what else to say. Praying for you...
Kirsten
Post a Comment