One time I wasn't here - I was in Russia. That was hard - I wanted to DO something, wanted to be there...whatever that means. I remember feeling horribly guilty that I was in Russia.
It happened again...

I am without words, without witty repartee, can't come up with a grand idea to make things better. I wish I had some kind of Godly wisdom that I could spout that would be so profound, so life-giving it would somehow cover the pain.
I wish I had answers, could point a finger, blame someone...
I wish it was a dream, that I'll wake up and look at the clock and think to myself, "wow, that was a horrible dream!"
All I have is prayer, and my heart. I wonder if trying to lovingly pray someone through
a wicked time is enough. I wish I could let my heart run a ticker tape - then those who are mourning could see what I am really feeling, what I wish I could say to their faces...I hate it that all I can do is offer a hug and 'that look'. That stupid look...the one that says "I am so sorry, I have no idea what to say to you".I don't know why children are taken. I can't sit here and spout some kind nonsense like "it's part of God's plan" (although, we all know it is). Sometimes your head knows things that your heart doesn't 'get'. This is one of those things, I just don't get.
Why is a child given to parents. Why is that child stricken with a horrid disease. Why does this child impact so many people in such a profound way...why was her time on this earth so short?
I think times like this, we remember with heavy hearts, and we try to be strong for those left behind. That is what I've tried to do...tried to not cry, try to be a pillar of silent strength...then hang up the phone and sob.
I wish I knew her better. I'll never forget the love she had for her Dad; the bond they had was a beautiful obvious thing. I won't soon forget the strong will that I saw in her eyes.
Cancer is a horrible thing. It destroys. It took Brit at the age of 17...it was too soon.
I pray that Brit's Dad and her family can draw strength from our Savior. Brit is now in His all powerful, all Loving, healing care. I am sure that our Father in Heaven holds sweet Brit in the palm of his hand, while she listens to her loud scream-y music, and paints her fingernails another new shade of black.
I think I will paint my toenails black - I bet she'd get a kick out of that.
3 comments:
Kathy,
This must be your freind that you mentioned a few weeks back. My heart is so heavy for him right now. I will pray for him and his family. Thank you for sharing.
I never know what to say either. Sometimes what they need IS for you just to be there. There really are NO words. Praying for your friend. It is so awful. Nate lost a sister when she was 7 years old to cancer. It is so devastating to the family.
Nate never knew her but she had a powerful testimony at age 7 and that lives on. It is a part of her testiomny that we have 3 children adopted from different countries and we are involved with missions to Haiti. This was her dream at age 7 to do this someday!! I praise God that we were able to do this FOR her!!
Praying for your friend and for you. Let God speak through you. Do no try it on your own. God will give you the words.
Just be available for him to talk to (as I know you will be!) - not just now but in 2-months, 6-months, and so on... And I KNOW you will be a source of strength for them!
Post a Comment