Tuesday, September 01, 2009

the outcome of Perspective and an update

I thought I would update you on a few of the things mentioned in the Perspective post. So many of you have been praying...I want you to know that your prayers are working!

  • My friend who found herself as the caregiver for her father. Well - a miracle has happened. Nursing homes that generally have a wait list of 10-12 months suddenly had an immediate opening. Her father had to qualify in several areas in order for her to be able to afford care like this - and he qualified in every category. PRAYERS ANSWERED!
  • My friend with the teenage daughter with cancer. Yesterday, I was very worried about her. Her blood counts were not good...not good at all. I prayed over this all last night and today. For some reason, I was praying for her number to be 675 (which is funny, because I don't even understand anything about blood counts etc.). Well, today, her counts increased SEVERAL hundred, and were 675! Now, if they can get her fever down, and keep it down for 48 hours, she can go home! PRAYERS ANSWERED!
  • My friend with the bum knee is back to her normal self...running and kind of jumping :) PRAYERS ANSWERED!
  • My fashioney-friend who was having health issues has found the root of her problems. PRAYERS ANSWERED!

There are so many other prayers that have been answered recently. A friend who is adopting in Russia has a court date on September 10th. I am SO happy for her, and can't wait for the end of her journey.

We got some news about the adoption this week. Things are moving - not fast, but they are moving. The Judge has done enough wrong that is documented now that we have a strong case to be able to appeal and complain to the Russian Supreme Court. I don't know if we will have to do that - but am glad we have whatever we need to be able to do that.

We got a note today telling us that indeed, Anya has been moved to the new orphanage...the new place is in Shelechov (the same town). It was strongly suggested that we come for a visit to meet the new director.

The thing with Russian adoption is that there are basically 2 people who determine your fate. The director of the orphanage, and the prosecutor. Funny, huh? The director can make your life miserable, shop your child out to Russian families who are looking to foster a child (i.e. get government money)...or, the director can love you, and see that you and your child are a perfect family. Luckily - the later has been our experience. I don't know this new director, and it is freaking me out. If God knows that I need to go...then I am confident that He will make a way for me to go.

So that's all I know for now. I am trying to not be consumed by what is happening in Russia that I can not control or influence.

8 comments:

kate said...

Come. Just for a few days. If they think you should, then come.

Today was the first day of school. We could hear the first bell ceremony of the nearby academy while we were working.

I bet being a part of this tradition will be a precious memory to Anya. Maybe she got to ring the bell! I bet she wore a big white bow to school today. I hope they took pictures.

If you want a layover in St. P either coming or going, let me know.

I know it's been long, but I think it's nearing the end. Maybe you'll hear something before MY 40th. ;>

Nate and Brenda said...

I am praying that you WILL be able to visit Anya. I don't know how but OUR God can make a way. I have known a few people in the past that adopted from that orphanage and if I remember right they had a good experience.

Awesome that so many prayers have been answered.

Awesome too that another family has a court hearing. Praying yours is next!!!

Debbie said...

Wonderful updates and I emailed you my thoughts :)

Lisa said...

What?!?!? Another family has a court date???

Becky said...

Hopefully someone will make the judge aware of those facts. Maybe it will put some pressure on her.

I will pray that you get to visit Anya soon - especially since they have suggested that!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing those wonderful answers to prayer. It's mentally, emotionally and physically healthy to focus on the positive.

You are in my prayers daily! You're so close! I can feel it! It's right around the corner!

Believe it!

stephanie said...

Kathy - If you make another trip, then by all means stress to your coordinator to get you an appt to visit the Judge for just 5 minutes, so that you can tell her personally how much you love Anya.

Jill said...

Kathy,
My Ben was in Shelehov when we went to adopt him back in 2001. I know that's a long time ago but Alex was very pleased that is were he was and the director at that time was amazing. Even said that if the judge denied us she would adopt him herself because she had told him he had a momma and pappa.