Tuesday, July 21, 2009

puffy eyes and broken hearts

I have been going through all of the pictures we've taken of Anya over the years, and was feeling nostalgic. Because I am quite possibly one of the most creative people you will ever meet, I took some time to pull together some of these shots into a video montage.

Well, sorta....NOT!

Truth is, I was reading my friend, Kate's, blog tonight. She has a great video compilation of photos from her first meeting with her little girl. Tore my heart apart. Not sure if the ripping of my heart was from the song or knowing how hard it is to say goodbye after meeting your baby for the first time.

Feeling all weepy, I thought I would make myself sink into an even deeper pit - so I started looking through photos of Anya. Seeing how much she has grown through the years is truly amazing...it hurts my heart, it makes me gasp for air and blind from the tears.

So, I got myself together - ate some potato chips and decided to hunt down the song Kate used in her video. It was a good one. I found it...and so started round 2 of the water works.

Then as to be a TOTAL thief of ideas, I went to the website Kate used to create her video and found myself uploading, editing, creating. Here I am, almost 3 hours later all puffy eyed.

I'll be honest, sometimes I get tired of fighting, I find myself refocusing away from Anya. I've put off doing paperwork because I didn't have the strength. I dread sending ANOTHER email to ask for an update on things. I struggle composing a note to send to Anya, not sure what to say.

Tonight, this is what I needed. I needed to just sit at my computer and cry. So thanks, Kate for letting me (without my even asking) to steal your idea, hook - line - and sinker.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

I have so many things I'd like to write but gotta think it through better.... prayers for you all. Seeing her grow up ... oh, I'm crying and I have to go to work!

Lisa said...

OH Kathy,

That was a great tribute to Anya.

I can't help but be a bit jealous that you have all those memories with her, be thankful for that. =)

We'll be praying for you today, and Anya as always.

Know you are not alone, there are a few of us scattered about who (though each story is different)do understand to some degree.

kate said...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ;>

Did it make you feel better? It did me.

Still praying for your family to be together. Soon.

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Kathy,
You are sooo strong.
My heart breaks for you, yet I know your girl will come home.
It will be a beautiful day!
BTW, Anya is an absolute doll. That was amazing watching her grow up before my eyes. You did a great job making the video.
Amy

Kris Peterson said...

My heart breaks. I am so proud of to you for sticking to this. She is your daughter and you won't leave her there. Keep PUSHing. Pray Until Something Happens!

Kris and Steve

Jennifer said...

You're video was absolutely wonderful! The song was the most beautiful one I've ever heard.

I will keep praying for you and your family...believe that the end is in sight!

Hodges Five said...

Kathy, I'm balling like a baby...between you and Judy...I'm sure to run out of Kleenex. The video was beautiful, I hope you were able to find a small amount of therapy in making it. Praying for y'all!!!

Becky said...

Oh my. So poignant. My heart aches for the hours you have missed. It encourages me to pray for you more. Thank you for allowing me to see Anya grow up......

Groffs said...

Wow. What a precious little girl God has chosen for you. That was really beautiful, Kathy, beautiful and bittersweet, as so much of this wretched journey is.

Aching, praying, and puffing up with you,

Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Every time I watch this video it brings tears to my eyes, Kathy. Anya has truly grown into a beautiful young girl with a lot of personality! You have soooo many good times ahead of you. Congratulations!

Joan Yoder