Friday, May 29, 2009

news :(

I don't even know how to post this. We got the legal statement today, and spoke with our coordinator - it seems like the new Judge is using our case as an education. She doesn't know anything about adoptions, therefore is asking a lot of questions about things that are a duh.

Her statement was 8 pages long.

Why is it my job to act as the University level education on adoptions for this Judge?

Most of the things are things we've provided in the past.

She still doesn't understand about the deed / land thing and our home ownership. I don't know how to get her to understand this. Apparently in other countries (as in every other country) there is a purchase agreement for a home - that turns into a certificate of ownership. We don't have that here...and she doesn't get it.

And the changes need to be back in Russia by June 16th.

Which means we have to get them done and in the mail before the 11th or 12th. That means I have 8 days to figure it all out (weekends don't count). It all hurts my stomach.

Oh ya, and our coordinator is going on a 2 week vacation starting on the 21st. The deadline for our changes to go back to the court is the 22nd...our coordinator will translate for us and have one of his representatives deliver our things back to the court. This makes me nervous. Who will be around to check on a statement in that 2 weeks? If a statement is released, but no one picks it up = basically, we lose time. We've lost a week in the process this go-around because of translation...this most recent statement was given on May 22.

And our coordinator suggested we send a personal letter to the Judge. A plea of sorts.

I am rambling. I have a headache. My stomach is starting to hurt. I want to stop whining about this. I am going to bed.

6 comments:

Fran said...

Kath,
One at a time, we'll get it all done. And you'll be able to write a wonderful 'plea' to the judge, you write so well. You'll be able to pull it all together just like you always do. And, yes, you'll be able to 'educate' the new judge as well. This case will be the 'standard' for all other adoptions following Anya's. Sounds like you're in a pretty powerful position right now.

Mom

Debbie said...

it WILL work out! YOU can do IT! Prayers...

Nate and Brenda said...

God is walking right beside you RIGHT now!! You CAN do this!! One more hurdle. I know it hurts but take one document at a time again.

God woke me up last night to pray for several people and YOU and MARTY were at the top of the list!

J. said...

It's so frustrating to know that things AREN'T easier with this judge! Ugh! As the others have said, remember the one person we can turn to when we're at this point is our Creator. As confusing and frustrating as this all is, it is part of HIS plan. Take refuge in him - and the rest will fall into place!

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Kathy! Thinking and praying for you guys. I wish I had the right words to comfort you. Just know I am always here to listen.

Hodges Five said...

Oh Kathy! I'm so sorry, but know that you can and will get it all done in time!!! Praying with you!