Friday, April 17, 2009

Guess it's time for an update

I guess I should post an update...it's been a while.

Long story short...we're waiting again. Waiting for the Judge's statement.

We got the Russian certification of our apostilles from the Russian Consulate. Impressive! I think this should be step #1 in the process...so pre adoptive parents can see what a "notary" looks like in Russia. Seeing this explains why ours looks unofficial and fake.

It is bound by a ribbon, and there are grommets that go through each page of the document that is being certified. There is also a stamp that is on both the certification statement and the actual document (so you can't 'fake' that).





I hate this waiting...but it is the story of our lives. I am a little concerned that with this recent wait, it will put off a court date until July - which means we would need to be in Irkutsk in August. August is a vacation month for most Russian people, and I know that the Judge always takes a vacation in August...with any vacation comes crazy shutdowns and waits...I am not so excited about footing the bill for any unnecessary weeks in Russia. But, it is what it is!


I am conflicted about June. From a business perspective, June is a month when I am fairly busy at the first of the month. My dilemma is...do I book things like I normally do? I was holding off booking anything the end of May, but I threw out that idea this week, and booked some events for late May. At this point, there is no way we're going to get a court date that would require us to leave in 6 weeks...and we need money, so I need to work. Ahhh yes, the double edge sword all PAPs face! Put your life of hold, or continue with life as (sorta) usual.

7 comments:

J. said...

The one thing of which I'm certain in regards to Russian Adoption is the fact that you can count on NOTHING! Things happen when you least expect them to. I continue to pray that in this case, no news will mean GREAT news!

Judy said...

Does the judge have a timeline she has to meet for delivering her statement?

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Ahhhh yes, the waiting game with your life on hold.
Soooooo hard.
I pray it happens sooner than later.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry I just read my previous comment again and found TONS of typos. The teacher in me couldn't let it go LOL!!! Let's try this again...

Oh, I so understand how difficult it is to be at the mercy of others and feel as if your life is constantly on hold. Please know we are praying for you and hope that the plan you are supposed to take becomes clear.

9:10 PM

Debbie said...

I too felt that after I saw the Russian apostille I could "understand" the problems with American apostilles a little more!

My advice is to not worry now about June or August - things will happen quickly and unexpectedly once they start rolling! Continue to do what you need to do and reschedule later as needed! Life has a way of carrying on...

I'm glad to hear the update tho, you had me on pins and needles! :)

kate said...

Are you seeing the new judge? Maybe new judge will vacation at a different time...like right AFTER your case is heard!