Having said that - I do, however, know there are situations where there is a woman who is a mother figure who isn't really a mom. I have a close friend who has a mother figure in her life (she calls her 'adopted mom')...so, I do see how this can be. Teleflora should call this classification of Mom 'Mother Figure' or "Filling a Moms Shoes".
I was reading one of the chat boards I frequent today, and was SHOCKED to read this!
NBC and Teleflora have this incredible Mother's Day contest going on where an adoptive mom has been labeled a "Non-mom Mom".
http://www.americasfavoritemom.com/mothers-day-2008/static/semiFinalists
Their definition of a "Non-mom Mom"?
"Grandparent, stepmom, or mom to adopted children, each one raising and loving a child. A priceless gift for everybody."
Unbelievably insulting!
Can you believe that?! Saying that an adopted mom is a NON MOM! I am spitting mad! And I plan to tell Teleflora and all of the other sponsors what I think about this insensitive comment. Horrible! What do you think?
1 comment:
I just found your blog because of your mother. She has been a reader of my blog and wanted to email me about inviting her to my blog once it goes private. I just read your sidebar and cant even imagine what you are going through. I am virtually sending you strength and hugs to keep up the fight.
Teleflora has already changed their site to say adoptive moms. Sad really, considering Marie Osmond is also an adoptive mom.
Post a Comment