Sunday, May 04, 2008

Mom had a heart attack...


Thursday night as I was driving home from work, I was very excited that I had 4 days off. Well – maybe not ‘off’ but 4 days with no appointments. Time to relax, catch up n laundry – maybe start working on the yard – I thought maybe I might even catch on up some filing! I can’t remember the last time I had 4 whole days with nothing to do.

So, on Friday, did some laundry, and shopped for some gifts, and we ate nachos and popcorn for dinner (I am a gourmet). As I was drifting off to sleep, was thinking about all that I wanted to do on Saturday. Sleeping in was pretty high on the list.

At 3:30am, the phone rang (which can never be good). My first thought was there was a tornado, and my brother was calling to tell us to get in the basement. It was St Joe Regional Hospital. My Mom had another heart attack.

My Mom is in her mid-60’s, and this is her 2nd heart attack. The last one was only about 18 months ago. Heart disease runs in out family, so (imo) this is nothing to take too lightly, or brush off by saying ‘whew, she’s going to be OK’.

Mom is doing well, is still in ICU – but we think she will be moved to a regular room today. Her Dr. said she will need to stay in the hospital for 4-5 days.

4 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

So sorry to hear about your mom! Keeping your family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers BAH.

Afcharka

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

I'm sending you a huge hug! You and your mom are in my prayers.

Lisa B.

Anonymous said...

Your mother will be in my prayers.

Joan Yoder