Several of the families who we are waiting with have decided to start a chat group online. This has been GREAT! We have been sharing information, struggles, rumors - all in a safe place where we are assured there is no one lurking (if you've ever participated on a char board, you know there are almost always lurkers that are there for motives that aren't always pure).
Anyway, last night, one of the moms noticed that her child's photo on the Russian database had been changed. Before I go into more detail - let me explain what the database is (in a nutshell)...it is a place for Russian citizen to go to 'shop' for a child. Every child who is available for adoption is listed on this database. Anya is there...and has been for a long time. In the past, the photo that is there was one that was taken of her when she was a baby (like 8 months old) - I thought this was great, since I have photos of her at under 1 - today.
Anyway - Anya's photo had also changed. You can see the translated version of the site here:
\http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usynovite.ru%2Fdb%2F%3Fdo_search%3D1%26s%3D2%26y%3D2002%26r%255B%255D%3D38%26p%3D5&langpair=ru%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools
So - is this good or bad?
Bad - maybe the officials have been told to 'shop' her around to Russian families. Maybe they are actively looking to place her in foster care? Maybe I am totally freaking out!
Good - or this is good - this will prove to the Judge that the director and officials did everything they could to find a Russian family for Anya (that is always an issue in court). One thing that is good, is that the photo is a horrible one, and her demeanor is listed as troubled (and she is NOT!!..there are lots of kids whoa are listed as social - and I would think a Russian family would choose a child who is social over one who is troubled (YAY!).
The ironic thing, is the the only 'new' photos that we can see on the database are ours and another family who has taken their case to court. That is, well, interesting.
2 comments:
Kathy,
I am glad to hear you guys have a chat going between you too where you can completely feel safe and share info!
I think of you guys often.
Hmmmmmmm BAH....very interesting. Let's hope it is good. I will keep up my prayers that the Judge's heart will someday be softened....much love,
Afcharka!
Post a Comment