Several of you have sent me notes looking for an update. As par for us, I've been working on document after document after document. I screwed up the POA (power of attorney), so had to redo that...and we needed to get a letter from the Judge here in our town. Although we were able to get that with no real problems, it was a test for my patience! Here is what I have learned:
1. When working with any legal system, here or in Russia, NOTHING happens fast
2. If you want something done right, you HAVE GOT to do it yourself!
3. There is a lot to be said for retail therapy!
I have been notably tired...tired of everything, the paperwork, the waiting. For the past 2 years, we've been pouring everything we have into this - all of our energy, time, mental focus, money, EVERYTHING...and we have nothing to show for it. As odd as that sounds - those of you who are adoptive moms and dads understand. The process is sucking the life out of me! I am grateful to have been able to take on a second job not only for the income, but also for the redirection it has allowed my brain. I am a sales rep for a designer who has a private label line of women's clothing. Ya, I know, right up my alley! This has been such a God-send into my life, I can't even tell you. It forces me to NOT sit on the computer, NOT stay home, get out, dress up and be my usual somewhat charming/funny self.
Anyway, than you all for your continued prayers – I know that the process wears on you all too. Blessings to you all!
-Kathy
No comments:
Post a Comment