Saturday, July 01, 2006

UPDATE

Just got word that our documents made it to Irkutsk. We sent them Fed Ex on the 19th of June. We were told that they would arrive by the 22nd. Well, after checking the tracking on the 21st, we learned that they were held up in Great Britton because of a storm - and the new expected delivery date would be the 30th. I wasn't at all pleased about this since we paid $250 for delivery by the 22nd!

I kept checking the tracking information - and saw the package leave GB, go the St Peters burgh - get held in customs, go to Moscow and then...arrive in Irkutsk on the 28th (2 days early...or 5 days late, depending on how you look at it).

It will take about 2 weeks for everything to be translated and get all of our documents to the lawyer. We were told that we will have a final price on the translation in about a week - I am more than a little nervous to see that figure!

Will post when we have more information!

Have a happy and safe 4th!

No comments: