Friday, July 30, 2010

losing my manners


I've always been a bit of a fussbudget about manners. You know, the common courtesies like 'please' and 'thank you' .

Well, since I've become a Mom, I've lost my manners.

Before March 2, 2010 - I was borderline anal about thank you notes. I loved spending extended periods of time choosing the RIGHT card for a proper thank you; and sometimes even making by hand thank you cards (which is pretty funny considering how NOT crafty I am).

I think it all started at the airport. So many people came to welcome us home and showered Anya with gifts; the thoughtfulness of taking time of of their lives to come to the airport at 11pm, and to bring a gift...well, that needed a very special thank you!

Then there are those who constantly prayed for us when we were gone. I should write a heartfelt thanks to them too.

And so many kind things have happened in the past (almost) 4 months that we've been home...all deserve a note.

We even got a package from a family we met through the Irkutsk adoption process - so sweet! I NEED to get a note to them!

...and all the friend's birthdays I've missed - Oi!

So - if you are one of those people who I owe a note to, please know that I have not forgotten. It's simply that I seem to be choosing sleep over manners lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you notes are alwAys nice to receive but the blessing is in the giving.......
May God continue to bless your. Family