I'm glad that those of you who read this blog who don't know me well feel comfortable enough to post or email me questions.
One of your questions I thought blog-worthy...here is the Q: Why are you allowing so much press coverage of your family?
Good question!
There are several reasons...
First, the media is my friend. Some people see the media as an enemy - but I don't. Maybe because I've worked in and with media my entire adult life - I feel very comfortable sharing information.
I have nothing to hide.
There is a lot of negative information out there about international adoption. A lot of misinformation and a lot of horrible stereotypes. If there is anything we can do to put a positive spin on that, I feel that is what I/we have to do.
And no - our home phone number and/or address are not published anywhere.
I stopped reading the negative comments on the news stories. I have no time for the idiotic thoughts of those who have nothing better to do than to slam us. I dare those people to come up to me on the street and say something to my face...they won't. These people hide behind that anonymity of the internet. They are cowards who don't have all the facts.
3 comments:
You go girl! You astound me with the strenght that you've shown during this entire lengthy process. I am so proud of you Kathy! My face beams thinking of Furocious Mama taking care of her baby cub Anya!
Joan Yoder
I hate that adoption doesn't get press unless it's bad, or at Christmas. Thanks for putting your story out there.
Good for you! That's so hard, especially as a woman, to not worry about the opinions of others. I enjoy your blog - it always makes me laugh! =)
Post a Comment