But, I don't know who this child is who is having this party...and neither does Anya (not so surprising, she still can't remember most of the kids names in her class). I want her to have friends, and get invited to parties, but for some reason I don't feel OK about this. I am not at the point yet where I would just drop her off at a party and leave her there. Um, NO!
I hope something comes up so that we can't go...does that make me a horrible mother?
Speaking of school - you've asked me a few q's about school, I'll try to answer them here:
- No, we are not homeschooling.
- She started school on May 5th - 9 weeks after we "got" her
- She is in a public school - but I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by how attentive they are and how well she is doing. We are fortunate in that we are in a small school system.
- Proof that I should not homeschool is in how well Anya is doing in school...in the 9 weeks she was with us, she learned English; but in the 12 days she's been in school - her vocabulary and communication has grown and flourished in ways that astound me!
- Summer school is till up in the air - in this school system, you apply and then are accepted into summer school. We are still waiting to see if she is accepted into summer school. We're looking into a language program that one of the local colleges has for kids her age, as well as a day-camp at our church and some other day-camp type things.
4 comments:
Kathy, I'm not comfortable leaving my child at someone's house when I don't know them well and from my experience thus far most parents stay with their child anyway. Are you sure that's not the case? I'm sure it's fine if you stay.
There was no number or anything on the invitation to contact the parents and at least chat. If you are not comfortable leaving her I would not, I will never make a parent leave a child at a party for my kids ~ I bet this mom (and dad) would totally understand. Maybe the teacher could help with some information! Good luck, you will make the right decision for your family I am sure!
I have given numerous parties for my children and they have attended numerous parties. It is definitely okay for you to stay with her.
It was a sweet gesture of the birthday child's mom to think of Anya. I wouldn't send her either. If you do want her to be more familiar with her classmates, maybe just you and she stop by for a few minutes. I agree,I would not have sent any of my kids to someone's house I didn't know.......
Post a Comment