I guess I should say something about the latest scandal involving an American family and a Russian adopted child. If you don't know what I am talking about, look HERE or HERE or Google 'Russian adoption Tennessee woman'.
It is horrible. I don't know what kind of irresponsible adult would think it is OK to put your child on an airplane with a note, and send him back to his birth country.
How option blind do you need to be to think THAT is the only option?
Unbelievable.
My initial reaction to this news feels as extreme as are things in Russia. This happened about 24 hours after we got home with Anya. I am blessed and have seen the hand of God in my life, in Anya's life, in our families life in such a big way. We are grateful, and recognize the window God opened for us to bring Anya home. The prayers we had from all of you, from all over the world, are the reason we have Anya home...
Along with feeling blessed and grateful for God's timing - I am also concerned, worried, gobsmacked and mad. I am concerned for friends who leave tomorrow for Irkutsk. They will go to court next week to try to bring their little girl home. I am worried for all of the other families who have yet to receive a court date in Irkutsk. There is so much going on with adoptions in that region, so much anti-American sentiment....all I can do is pray. I'm gobsmacked at the utter stupidity of people who live in this country; and I am mad. Mad that this seems to be happening all over again. Mad because I am ashamed at what American people have done to make the world think we're all crazy. I am mad because I fear this is the final straw (as President Medvedev said).
3 comments:
I'm afraid that this has caused a 'black eye' for we Americans that will be hard if not impossible to clear up.
I too am concerned for the folks who are already in process...who have grown to love their children. It's a shame that one irresponsible person can take the focus off the thousands who are kind,loving,caring adoptive parents. May God continue to bless you as you bless others.
Pam, South Bend
We have no idea why this woman is not in custody. Adopted or not, she abandoned HER child. That should matter. Russia wants to see harsher punishments for those who hurt their adopted kids, so no punishment is not going to fly. Praying for those waiting and thanking God for those of us who have our children home, esp Anya.
Post a Comment