Sunday, April 25, 2010

..and then

After we got home from the Jackson's home on our final day in Irkutsk, we continued to finish packing - and Alex stopped by to drop some things off, and wish us well.

Honestly, I cried when he left. Alex and I have talked at least every few weeks since 2005. We have had a lot of candid discussions about adoption, Irkutsk etc. I have the utmost respect for his heart and what he his work ethic. Time and time again, he did the right thing for us. We hope to see him again.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
I too share your love of Alex. When he was considering leaving adoptions, probably 6 years ago to go back to medicine, I told him that he had done for us what no doctor could, make us a family. He is a wonderful man with a good heart and a brillant mind. He is definitely an honorary member of our family.
Jill

Debbie said...

We respect the man greatly also (just maybe not his communication skills all the time!) But he definitely was the reason we were able to bring Nathan home. Someday maybe we plan a heritage trip for our kids :)

Lisa said...

I ditto what Debbie said. Awesome, we LOVE him, though not his always his communication skills/style. Oh, nor did I find it enjoyable waiting 6 hours in the airport, but other then that.
And since January we have probably talked to him, well, sometimes daily, mostly at least once a week.

We def. want to take V back one day, but not until he's home for a few years.

Nate and Brenda said...

We love Alex too! Hard to believe we first met him almost 13 years ago when he was first starting out with adoptions. We have also had the pleasure of him staying at our home a few different times.

We plan too to take our kids on a heritage trip when they are a little older. Maybe we should all try to plan one together!! Wow, what would Alex do then if we all showed up at the same time! What fun that would be!!