Merry Christmas everyone!
I think things have finally stared to settle in with me today. I've been a misty eyed mess most of the day. Today is when my 'to do' list is widdled down, all of my projects are done, and I am officially DONE...well, you know me - as done as I ever am.
Many of you have asked questions about the court date. That won't be given until after Jan. 11. Anya's documents will be presented at that time, as well as the final few things we need to send. After those are given to the court, a firm date will be given.
The fundraising over the past week and 1/2 has gone well...we are working on a big concert to be held on January 15th. Most of you know that my husband is a crazy talented guy, well, so are many of our friends. I even have a friend who is flown to Nashville often to sing as a back up singer for BIG names! Crazy!
Anyway, we're going to have a fun low-key concert. Some Contemporary Christian stuff, some original stuff (Seth Bible is going to be a part...he is WOW!), and some fun things thrown in.
Marty is in the process of perfecting a song that he wrote called "home" (well, that is the working title, it might change between now and then). Anyway, it is a song about Anya. He didn't tell me he was writing it...he just played a rough cut for me today in the car. I need forewarning of things like this! I am not a good crier...I went into the ugly cry!
So save the date, tell your friends...this is going to be our big fundraiser.
We haven't nailed down a location yet - trying to find somewhere with a sound system that can hold a lot of people...kinda a tall order. We are waiting to hear back from one location that would be perfect. Hope to have good news on that place by the weekend.
Stay Tuned!
3 comments:
Oh how I wish we could come to your concert.
Wishing you a Christmas filled with joy and wonder.
I'm betting you are wanting to just hurry through these holidays. While I won't tell you to enjoy the time you have before she comes home, I will pray that you are able to be caught up in the magic and the mystery--even though a big piece of your heart is across the world. Saying a prayer for that little one, too.
Post a Comment