First - paperwork. I have been working on updating some documents that had errors on them. Not a big deal, but trying to decipher what the Judge means when she says things in the legal statement like "there is an error on the document showing the license". OK, which document, which license (seriously, we've provided at least 12-15 different agency and professional licenses).
Got a note from Tami, or friend in Irkutsk today. She offered the following info on Anya, as observed by Luda:
Luda said that Anya is a really nice girl. She is outgoing and visits very well. Luda said that Anya knows almost nothing about God. She is learning in the Bible study, but this is totally new to her. I believe Luda said that the first lesson they had was that God made you very special, and you are special to God. The next lesson explains more about God and who He is. Then they have a lesson about sin and what it is. Slowly they introduce about Jesus coming to be the payment
for our sins, and about accepting Him as personal Savior.
This makes me happy - to know that she is learning WHO God is. Can you imagine? Even children who do not go to church in our country, know who Jesus is and who God is - generally. Can you even fathom a world where the words 'God' and 'Jesus' aren't a part of everyday language?
Tami also said:
From what Luda has explained to me, Anya's group lives in a "home-style" apartment. That means they eat, sleep, and live in the same little area. Luda said that there are 2 bedrooms for girls and 2 bedrooms for boys in Anya's group. Anya has one other girl in her bedroom. Of course, the kids go to school each day. Luda said that Anya's group leader often locks the door to their "apartment," so that the older kids can't come in to bother the little ones.
This is so good. I have been very worried about the older kids with Anya.
Here are some pics of Anya:
11 comments:
Love the pictures of our Princess!
I recognize that wallpaper!
She looks like she's blossoming where she's planted.
Keep you head down and your chin up getting that paperwork finished. (I thought that impossible mixed metaphor was appropriate.)
Anya is getting so big .. and so beautiful!
Wow! She is getting more grown up each time I see her pictures!
I love that bedspread! It looks really nice (relatively speaking of course)...you know what I mean! Love her smile - matches her mommy's perfectly!
How awesome that you are able to have these updates and pictures of your princess. You are truly blessed.
Kathy - she is so beautiful! Call me crazy but I'm starting to see a family resemblance!
Yeah - that wallpaper makes my stomach tighten up. Maybe a stress related incident in my past has brought a feeling of 'yuck' to my mind? OH YEAH! Could it be everything involved with our adoption? lol!
Anya is a doll. I think she looks like you and your husband as well!
Is that all she's getting for her meal....potato's, bread and tea :(
Hang in there!
I definitely see her looking like a combination of you and Marty! What a beautiful little girl!!! I can't wait to meet her!!
Wendy
How grown up she looks! She's a beauty - and I'm so pleased she's learning about God.
I think it is totally freaky how much she looks like you and Marty. :)
Post a Comment