Sunday, November 01, 2009

meet Luda

Before I get into this post, I feel like I need to share something with all of you. As you remember, months back I took this blog private. I did that for several reasons...primarily because I wanted to keep the very PRIVATE details of the last leg of this nightmares PRIVATE.

Russia has some pretty specific laws about photographs of orphans. I won't beat around the bush here....if the Judge got wind that I was using Anya's photo on the Internet, it would NOT be a good thing.

For that reason, I feel like I need to ask you to PLEASE PLEASE not share photos or information that I post here with anyone (ANYONE!). I personally know each and every one of you, that is why I feel comfortable in sharing a lot of very private information here, and posting photos of Anya. Thank you for understanding this delicate place we're in.

I've mentioned the Jackson family before. I have been following their journey in Irkutsk for quite some time. Tami (the Mom) and I traded emailed for a while, and then when I was in Irkutsk in January - I got to spend some time with their family. Since then, they've become very special to us...and we kind of think of them as our family who lives in Irkutsk.

The Jackson's have a wonderful woman, named Luda, who comes to their home to help out from time to time. Luda is from Shelechov, the same city where Anya lives. Luda was an orphan. She grew up in the same orphanage where Anya is. Luda has found Christ, and is sharing God's love with the orphans in that orphanage! In Russia....this is a REALLY BIG DEAL.

To put this into perspective: in January, I had a conversation with one of the caregivers (via a translator) about God. The caregiver didn't know what God was, and was calling God "the god". The translator didn't know what 'the god' was either, so couldn't translate for me.

This is why the fact that Luda has found the hope that only comes from Jesus Christ...in Irkutsk...is WOW! And, she chooses to share this Love with orphans! Yes, we love Luda!

...meet Luda. Here she is with Anya at a weekly Bible Study.



This photo Luda sent to us - I posted a Facebook message about it, commenting on Anya's "ball boy" shirt. She is not a boy! It makes me so sad to see her little chubby cheeks go away! This means she is growing up....far too fast for my liking!

This is the Bible Study group Anya is a part of. She is the youngest in the group, but is in this group because Luda teaches it. All of those faces deserve the Love of Jesus, and I thank HIM every day that Luda is showing them this kind of love!




6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is truly awesome Kathy. Count yourself blessed that Anya has someone like Luda to bring her the Gospel, that, more then having him home, has always been our prayer for Vlad.

Unknown said...

Isn't that just awesome how God works for us? I am watching your journey and praying for you every step of the way.

Debbie said...

God just works in such amazing ways

Becky said...

What a blessing Luda must be to all of you! How amazing that God placed her with your Anya. A 'God thing' for sure.

kate said...

What a BLESSING!!

kate said...

And, I think that hearing the gospel in her native tongue, when she can ask questions and get detailed answers is just..priceless beyond measure.