Wednesday, August 26, 2009

more news

After the last note that our documents were accepted by the court, I wanted to know what the next step is. This is a question that I seem to ask all the time, and rarely get an answer to. This morning - here is what I got:

Kathy, hi,
I called the judge's assistant yesterday asking for a response to the documents I sent last week. The assistant said that I should get a response this week. This is excellent news. We seem to be making progress.

I am realistic, and fully understand "Russian Time", so I am not holding my breath to hear anything before next week.

I am trying to not be too optimistic, trying to not read too much into anything...just praying, praying my heart out!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Wahoooooooooooooo!

J. said...

Seems you've gotten past another hurdle! Can't wait to hear more!

Renee Crabtree said...

I can't imagine how you are not peeing your pants in anticipation. You amaze me. The only thing I have to compare it to is Christmas when I was 7. Congratulations!

Michelle Wegner said...

Whitney has kept Anya's necklace in the box until today. She put it on after school, and I can not help but think it is somehow symbolic. If anything else, just to pray like never before for her to come home.

Debbie said...

we all know how the contact likes to play down things... so this sounds great!

did you read your horoscope in Elle this month? Now I don't "believe" in them but here is part of it: "Indeed, travel is written all over your charts!"

Praying and hoping along with you - but do remember Russian Time :)

Anonymous said...

I like that...praying your heart out. How about I pray my heart out for you guys too?!?!? Can't wait to hear more good news:)

JulieNicholas said...

I can't wait to see the end of this story! You are going to have such a story to tell Anya when she grows up! It gives me goosebumps!! God is at work here!

kate said...

I think just getting a response is HUGE!!